Come my friend and sit a while with me in the house of Dog. For Dog has come to me when I was sleeping upon Mount Sofa and handed me the sacred Bonios, engraved with the ten commandments of life with Dog. Dog has spoken, behold Dog's bark and wagging of tail.
"THE 10 COMMANDMENTS OF THE HOUSE OF DOG
1. You shall have no cats before Dog.
2. You shall not be idle and walk Dog everyday come rain or shine.
3. You shall not have Dog for vanities sake, that Dog matches your furnishings and wallpaper or your outfit. For Dog cares not for human vanity.
4. Remember Dog's annual vaccination date and keep that day free.
5. Honour Dog's Mother and Father. Get Dog from a responsible breeder, so that Dog's days may be long upon the land.
6. You will teach Dog not to murder, but allow Dog to chase squirrels up trees mercilessly.
7. You shall teach Dog not to commit adultery with your leg or soft furnishings.
8. You shall teach Dog not to steal, but marvel at their ingenuity at pushing a chair out to get on the kitchen table. Then pushing a cake tin off the table, so the lid comes off and are now sitting looking up at you, minus the cake that was in the tin, licking their lips.
9. You shall teach your dog to not bear false witness (bark) against the wind, thunder, rain, cars driving past, someone knocking at the front door, a bird farting in the hedge and thin air.
10. You shall not covet Dog's place upon the sofa, or Dog's place upon your neighbours sofa, nor anywhere that your Dog sleeps."
Join us in our covenant with Dog and you will be given pure love and loyalty beyond that of any cat. You will be the Dog's bullocks. Let me hear an "amen" to that. Now go spread the word of the house of Dog.
“The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you,but he will make a fool of himself, too.”
― Samuel Butler
Me with The Poundlane Mommas March 2018
Hello, I am Jane, you might of guessed, I love dogs. We are situated in the North Devon countryside, England, United Kingdom. Our home is occupied by my husband, David, our children, pack of dogs and me.